Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Does it sound like I could have OCD?

Whenever I read something and someone mentions that they have OCD and describe some of the things they do I start to wonder if I have it. Some of the things I do include checking outlets over and over before I leave my room, checking my fish before I leave a room, having to think some words over a certain time after I hear/read/think them, avoiding touching doorknobs, I used to excessively wash my hands, having to touch things a certain amount of times, having to press the next button on my ipod a multiple about of times, having to say certainthings a certain amount of times, having to breath in certain directions, etc. I also have disturbing thoughts, like I can't think of certain things without thinking of hurting them, like my dog who I love very much. I'm always afraid I'm going to hurt my (future) children and whener I see knives/scissors all I can think about is hurting someone with them. I'm always afraid that I'm going to turn into like a molester or a murderer or something. I just really would like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment